IT ProfessionalEasy to Use, Easy to Manage
As an IT Professional you will probably be interested to know about the CABS technical requirements and its likely support requirements. Of course, you may also want to know how it can improve your life when you need to schedule a meeting of your own, be that with internal colleagues or third parties from outside your organisation. If the latter is the case please visit the Employees section of this website.
CABS is a hybrid solution built on a central SQL Server, preferably a dedicated machine running any version of SQL from SQL 2008 to SQL 2012 on Windows Server 2003 – Windows Server 2012.
It is accessed through:
- The CABS Console (Application Client) via a Client PC running Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 with 2 -4 GB of RAM (operating system driven) or via a virtual desktop application (e.g. Citrix)
- CABS Web – using any main-stream browser connecting via a Web Server running IIS6 or higher
- CABS MS Outlook Plug-in via User Profile linked to Active Directory
- A growing number of CABS Specialist User Apps via Apple, Android, BlackBerry and Windows mobile devices connecting via a Web Server running IIS6 or higher
- Built in Crystal 11 reports or, optionally, via a report writing application of your choice using the CABS Data Dictionary
CABS can be implemented as a single log-in application linked to Active Directory if required, and features its own security, system administrator functionality and user profiles.
As far as support is concerned, CABS is incredibly stable with most of the few support issues arising from unilateral changes in the technical environment (i.e. implemented without reference to the Business Careware technical support team) used to run CABS, e.g. changes in end user PC, relocation of web servers, upgrades to operating systems.
All versions of CABS are supported by end user documentation and v7 comes with web based on-line help.
You will probably still have a host of unanswered questions, so pick up the phone to call us or send us an email and we’ll do all we can to get you the answers you require.